Complete DIY Cable Railing Kits Simplify Cable Railing Installation
Cable railing’s popularity continues to grow. However, not all cable railing kits are created equal.
Installing a cable rail that meets code requirements has not been DIY friendly. In order to meet load requirements, cable fittings needed to be swaged onto the cable with special tools. With the development of swageless fittings, this has changed. Cable railing kits take those swageless fittings and package them with swaged cable rail parts to simplify the process of installing commercial-grade cable railing.
Wagner’s line of cable rail kits is produced from corrosion resistant, type 316 stainless steel cable. The cable railing kits come with hardware fittings, washers and fasteners, cable, and instructions. All cable railing kits come in lengths of 5′ to 25′ – in 5′ increments – with one tensioner and a swageless stop end. Most are available in lengths up to 50′. Kits with tensioners at both ends are available for going around corners in 30′ to 50′ lengths. With kits, you cut the cables to length on site.
Most are available in lengths up to 50′. Kits with tensioners at both ends are available for going around corners in 30′ to 50′ lengths. With cable railing kits, you cut the cables to length on site.
Cable Railing Kits
With cable railing assemblies, you cut the cables to length on site.
Ready to install cable railing kits are pre-swaged and ready for your application.
- Measure the outside-to-outside run of the end post and select the best solution for your project.
- Install the cable and field trim after tensioning.
- Cable railing kits include: fittings for both ends of your cable run, all washers and fasteners necessary, 1/8″ or 3/16″ diameter type 316 Stainless steel cable, and instructions.
- How to order: determine your railing frame materials – wood or metal – and the width or diameter of your end post – Posts to which tensioning and other mounting hardware will be attached. Measure the length of each
- Cable run: Add at least 6 inches to your measurement. Order the assemblies in cable length increments of 5 feet – up to 50 feet – to provide sufficient cable for each of your cable runs.
- Cable will be cut to proper length on site.
- Select the end fittings: for straight runs, you can use any of the cable railing kits offered. For stairs or severe pitches, select from 200 Series with bevel washers or 500 Series with lag eyes or threaded tabs.
- Order mounting tabs. cable Cutter, bevel washers, and other accessories separately – as required.
You can enter your order for cable railing kits at our e-commerce site.